Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Vertical urban farming explained

Urban farming...that's what's in these days...
And then you wonder...what exactly does that mean? Why is it a subject that only seems to grow in interest?
Grab your popcorn and have a seat...and I don't mean that GMO crap they sell at your local WalMart!
We are all waking up to the reality of the foods we eat..chemicals, freak GMO crops, never ending increases in pesticide and herbicide dousing...increased weed and bug resistance to spraying.....massive price inflation...
I know that talking about prices gets your attention :P with reason...
3% food inflation? Gimme a break...staple foods have doubled in price in the last few years... Who are they kidding? And the quality is ever decreasing...
I was talking food with my buddy Jay the other day...I kindly referred to the supermarket strawberries as "tasteless, nutrition-less cancer in a berry"
If you don't believe me, do a little research on methyl bromide..
I'm a supercropper. I develop urban farming methods that are low in labor, highly efficient and productive, and totally organic. Operation designed to be run by a single person, with no machinery, while removing the barriers of high cost for organic, high quality tasty and nutritious foods.
They say efficiency is intelligent laziness....that's what I do in a nutshell. Did you know that the current farming methods produce 1 calorie for every 10 calories injected as an input? I strive to do just the opposite...10 calories per calorie of effort.
We are brought to believe that producing enough food for local consumption is not possible...that we will never achieve food security...that organic is for the rich because production costs are too high.
Follow me as we deconstruct that myth...
Follow me as we bring about a real food democracy :)
I'll end this first post with a few pictures. Pictures that expose the lie...A hint of what we can do if we choose to believe. Pictures that give us hope :)
And those wild strawberries and that baby organic lettuce was just like it looks; insanely delicious :)

Enjoy!

Khaled














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home